Sunday, April 06 2014 . 09:33 AMIntroduction
WinVer is a simple replacement of the WinVer tool included in Windows operating system.
It performs the same job as the original, but is highly optimized in size, being almost 10 times smaller.
- Native 32 and 64 bit versions.
- Tiny footprint, can be run from floppy disks, USB devices, hard disks, ...
- No external dependencies needed (aka DLL).
- Blazing fast program execution.
- Quick startup time.
WinVer is totally free, both for commercial, and private usage.
- Operating System: Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 3.5, 3.51, 4.0, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista or 2008.
- 1 Mb of free memory.
- 1 Kb of disk space available.
WinVer output is localized according to your OS language.
- In ZIP format (1 Kb.): Ready to be used by uncompressing in any folder.
- Source code (2 Kb.): Microsoft Macro Assembler (MASM) 9.0 source code.
- 2011/07/16. Version 0.95.34: Additional x64 optimizations; new DOS stub to further reduce file sizes; upgraded to MASM 10.
- 2008/08/28. Version 0.95.29: Added x64 version. Minor compatibility issues solved.
- 2008/02/22. Version 0.90.21: First public release.
- Official WinVer's website: nikkhokkho.sourceforge.net/static.php?page=WinVer
- Official author's website: www.javiergutierrezchamorro.com.