Thursday, March 09 2017 . 11:07 AMIntroduction
PatchPE is a patcher for PE executable headers, that could make them compatible with older versions of Windows.
Recent linkers, use to add latest versions on the headers, so, you can find programs that are marked to work only on Windows 10, but once patched, they can work in Windows XP, or even 2000 or NT.
In some circumnstances, the program itself will use features not available in older Windows versions, and thus, the resulting patched executable will not completely work, or not at all.
PatchPE, simply alters the fields on the PE header over MajorOperatingSystemVersion, MinorOperatingSystemVersion, MajorSubsystemVersion and MinorSubsystemVersion to make them compatible with Windows NT 4.0 or later.
- Win32 and Win64 binaries and Visual C++ 2017 source code (134 Kb. in ZIP format).
1.10 - 2017/03/09
- Added more error controls.
- Improved error messages.
- Upgraded to Visual C++ 2017.
1.00 - 2017/03/08
- Initial public version
- Official PatcPE's website: nikkhokkho.sourceforge.net/static.php?page=PatchPE.
- Official author's website: www.javiergutierrezchamorro.com.